A few games will be held at the Governor Bacon off-site facility.
No parking passes will be issued for games held at this facility, there will be parking available for all families directly at the site. All soccer related parking will be in the designated lots only. THERE WILL BE NO PARKING ON STREETS AND ROADS WITHIN THE FACILITY. Cars will be towed from any non-designated areas, streets or roads.
Street parking and “dropping off” movements are only for the State Medical Center patients, visitors and emergency vehicles only. The State of Delaware generously allows the Kirkwood Soccer Club to utilize their facility for tournaments. Please treat all volunteers and State officials with respect as you follow the rules for the site. Any incidents with officials at the facility will cost your team the ability to advance in the current event as well as play in future events.
Portable toilets and concessions are available on site. Restrooms within the Governor Bacon Buildings are not available for the public.
There is no street address for this facility, but you can use the following address for GPS purposes:
Governor Bacon Facility
200 Kent Ave
Delaware City, Delaware 19706
Click here for a Google map.
From Kirkwood Soccer Club Complex:
- Take Route 9 South. Route 9 will make a sharp left turn at the Refinery. (3 miles from Main Complex)
- Continue on Route 9 South to Delaware City (3 Miles from Refinery)
- Following through Delaware City, cross a small bridge after Wiso’s Restaurant. (Wiso's Restaurant will be on right side)
- Governor Bacon Facility is on your left, turn right after bridge for access road to Governor Bacon Facility.
- You will cross under the Reedy Point Bridge and enter the Governor Bacon Facility.
- Parking will be on your left.