KSC Pre-Academy is designed to provide the highest quality developmental program for most motivated and committed youth (AGES U-7 & Below) soccer players. The program is directed by KSC Director of coaching, Andres Hurtado and KSC Academy Director, Darek Bujak.
The goal is to provide the kids with advanced technical training in preparing them for participating on our Academy teams as they approach age 9.
The program offers several unique benefits:
- A developmentally-appropriate curriculum created and taught by licensed, professional coaches
- Once-per-week outdoor training in the fall and spring seasons, to supplement your child’s team training;
- Exclusive to players that are KSC Soccer U7 pure age group.
- Low cost to participate.
The curriculum features a heavy emphasis on individual ball mastery, allowing each player to become more comfortable, confident and creative with their foot skills, while nurturing their passion and enjoyment for soccer. Activities and games will follow the best practices of US Soccer and US Youth Soccer.
Each week of training will feature a theme, which will build off the themes from previous weeks, including:
- Dribbling for possession (changes of direction, shielding)
- Dribbling for penetration (attacking moves such as scissors, Matthews, step-overs, etc.)
- First touch
- Finishing and ball-striking
The Pre-Academy will train once per week during the Fall and Spring seasons, mostly Friday evenings. During the Winter months, the Pre-Academy will participate in the Winter Indoor Competitive League in the U9 division.
Pre-Academy players are encouraged to participate in the Kirkwood Fall and Spring Instructional leagues.