What is the Youth Development Program?
The Youth Development Program is designed to provide supplemental technical training for interested players during the winter and spring seasons. Player Development stresses technical training in a professional environment for players seeking to enhance their skills.
Who is Eligible to Participate in the Program?
The program is open to all players 6 to 18 yrs. old.
How Do I Know If This Program Is Right For My Child?
The youth development program is perfect for any player who loves the game and aspires to play and train at a higher level. Participants have the opportunity to receive technical training throughout the winter and spring to enhance their skills and to supplement the instruction and training they are already receiving within their current team environment.
What Type of Training Does the Program Offer?
The Youth Development Program focuses mainly on technical training in a professional environment where players receive instruction from several different coaches, each with their own area of expertise. With a low player to coach ratio, instructors will really get to know and address the strengths and developmental needs of every player.
Who Conducts the Youth Development Training Program?
Darek Bujak and regional coaches who have extensive Academy team, club level, high school and collegiate experience will conduct the training sessions. Darek Bujak, a former professional player in Poland and the United States has 18 yrs of experience as a professional player and has been an established coach in Delaware since 1993. Darek presently holds a USSF National A License.
Where is the Training Held and What do I Need to Bring?
The winter sessions are held inside the KSC indoor facility, and weather permitting the spring sessions are held on the KSC turf field. Players should wear shin guards, soccer cleats or turf shoes, as well as bring a soccer ball and water.
What are the goals and objectives of the Elite Player Development Program?
- To create a precise learning environment for the education and progress of each and every player
- To play a key role in supporting long-term development of our elite players from all communities across the state
- To create a world class learning and development program that shares the values and vision of US Soccer
- To sustain and constantly improve the program throughout the Elite Player Development structure that develops youth players so they realize their capabilities and full potential
- To promote a positive culture emphasizing integrity, quality and honor on and off of the field